Monday, June 17, 2024

Finally Finished the Front Railing

 




So interesting story about the railing. I bought a light gray stain for the raw wood of the railing.  Of course it took a while before I was able to get to this project.  Once I started, though, I opened the can and found this amazing blue gray oil.  I loved it!  I felt like one of those designers on a fancy TV show.  I'm not adventurous. I would never have chosen this color, but wow, it looked so beautiful on the wood.  I got 3/4 of the way through my staining and then  I dipped the paintbrush into the stain and pulled out - GRAY!  What?  Then it dawned on me that I didn't shake the can of stain.  It had separated and I had only been using the oil on the top!  Haha!  So I ordered another can and left it sitting for a couple of months.  Today I had the time and opened the can to find exactly what I wanted - separated paint!  Haha!  Today I finished staining the railing with that beautiful, fancy, blue gray stain that I love!  :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment